There are many foods we “intolerants,” those suffering from food allergies, autoimmune diseases, etc., have to give up enjoying: certain donuts, chocolates, cupcakes, candies, and the list goes on. I want to find and create as many of these recipes, and to ensure they taste as delicious (if not better) as “the real thing.” We need to stop missing out on the tasty things in life! I remember after my diagnosis, It had been two years since I had enjoyed a donut. The first time I made my Gluten-free Beignets (this recipe will post at a later date)…I cried…crocodile tears! I thought my husband was going to laugh himself silly. He couldn’t understand why I was crying- well let’s take his PlayStation away for 2 years, and watch those crocodile tears fly off his face! I know some of you can understand my passion for the food that I have missed these past few years. That is one of my goals with this blog. I want to bring my love of good, real, and delicious gluten-free food, that is FULL of taste into your homes and hearts, so you don’t have to suffer the crocodile tears and laughter at your expense. You do not have to have a longing for what is forbidden any longer.
One of the recipes that I am sharing with you today is for a creamy, salty, and surprisingly not overly sweet Peanut Butter Truffle. It is 100% Gluten-free, Dairy-Free, MSG-free, sulfite/sulfate-free, and DELICIOUS! So grab your stand mixer, baking sheet, measuring cup, and parchment paper. Let’s roll some Truffles!!
5 tbsp Dairy-Free Butter (I use Earth Balance)
2 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1 cup Honey Roasted Smooth Peanut Butter (I use Skippy or Peter Pan)
1/2 tsp Vanilla (Pure Vanilla, I use Madagascar Bourbon)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
Dairy-Free Chocolate Covering
1 cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life or any Gluten-free/Soy Based Chocolate)
1 tsp Honey
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1. Mix Peanut Butter and Powdered Sugar in mixing bowl on low speed until blended well.
2. Add Vanilla, Salt, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg. Blend on low speed until fully blended.
3. Roll into 1/4-1/2 inch balls. Cover, and set in refrigerator to cool for 30 mins.
4. Melt chocolate 2 ways: Microwave, 30 seconds, stir, 30 seconds, until fully melted.
Or, Melt on stovetop on double broiler. Boil water in pot, melting chocolate above boiling water in separate bowl until melted.
5. Add Cinnamon and Honey and stir well.
6. Roll balls into chocolate until fully covered, place on parchment paper.
7. ****Decorate as desired (see ideas below.)
8. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, and up to 5-7 days.
***Decorate with gluten-free Graham Cracker Crust crumbles, Nuts, Icing, Sprinkles, etc.