We’ve learned how important vitamin and nutrient replacement is, but every once in a while, we just want to eat something so bad it’s good, right? Well…this is it! This breakfast is one of my favorites to make my husband on the weekends. Now don’t get me wrong, during the week, we’re eating Oatmeal, fruit and yogurt, etc. But when it comes to the weekend, all bets are off! Let’s start with how to cook the perfect bacon…When I was younger, my mother would cook it in the microwave, and it was perfect every time. Somehow, I just couldn’t seem to figure it out. It was always overdone, underdone, or oil all over the microwave. So I decided to try my own way- the oven (I don’t do oil in pans if I can help it…I get burned nearly every time!) So, for your perfect Bacon:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place bacon on baking sheet (they don’t have to be far apart, they shrink like crazy.)
- Bake for 15-17 mins (regular bacon) or 17-20 mins (turkey bacon)
- Remove from oven and set onto paper towels to drain grease (and they will continue to get crispy!)
**You may save Bacon grease to substitute for olive oil in vinaigrettes or cooking oil for more flavor.
- Preheat skillet on medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crack Egg, one at a time, making sure yolk stays in center of egg white.
- Season top of egg. Once Egg white is no longer opaque and is white (1.5-3 mins,) flip it over.
- Cook additional 1.5-3 mins depending on desired doneness.
**For scrambled eggs, whisk together milk and eggs (amount depends on how “fluffy” you want your eggs,) and seasonings. For best results, use a small/medium sauce pot and rubber spatula. Let the mixture heat up, then fold the eggs inward until they are scrambled and to your desired moisture level (my husband likes wet eggs, I prefer dry.)
- Preheat skillet on medium heat and place 1 tbsp. spread in pan.
- Slice Pear in thin, horizontal slices, and remove the core.
- Place slices in large bowl and toss in Cinnamon and 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar.
- Sauté pears for 3-5 mins until caramelized and softened, then flip for an additional 3-5 mins depending on desired doneness.
- Whip Cream Cheese with remaining 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar and Cinnamon.
- Toast Bread in dedicated GF toaster, or oven (350 degrees for 5-7 mins.)
- Spread Cream Cheese mixture onto toast, place pears on Cream Cheese mixture.
- Plate eggs and bacon.