Right in time for the big game, you will never look at another hot dog the same way again! Now, if you are gluten-free by necessity, be sure to read all labels and make sure you get a brand of hot dogs that are labeled “Gluten-free.” There are quite a few brands that are deemed “safe.” The following brands are gluten-free (however, you should ALWAYS read the labels before purchasing, as manufacturers can change their ingredients:) Ball Park, Oscar Mayer, Nathan’s, Boar’s Head, and Applegate Farms (Applegate Farms is certified organic, so you can guarantee sulfite and MSG-free.) I stick to all beef hot dogs to insure no fillers, but feel free to use what you know/prefer.
Equipment: Aluminum Foil, Toothpicks, (May use Grill-though not necessary)
Gluten-free hot dogs
Shredded Cheese of choice (May use a soy-blend to make dairy-free)
- Preheat oven/grill to 400 degrees.
- Slice center of hot dogs, and stuff with shredded cheese.
- Wrap with bacon from one end, spiraling around hot dog, until you reach other end, secure with toothpicks.
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then raise oven to broil, and cook for 5-8 more minutes keeping a close eye on bacon until crispy.
- Serve on Gluten-free bun, or on its own.
*Below is served with a side of Cucumber, Tomato, and Mozzarella Salad with a Rice Vinegar Dressing, and Cornbread