Many years ago,
my mother had a Pampered Chef party, and her Pampered Chef consultant brought this dip. It was beautiful, colorful, and VERY tasty! When I asked what was in it, I almost hit the floor. Don’t be frightened when you look at the ingredients. I know it doesn’t sound like it will taste right, but it literally is one of the best dips I’ve ever had. When my Girlfriend/Sister-by-Choice, Desiree, was pregnant with my niece, she would request her own container of it (and wouldn’t share.) Well, when she met the man of her dreams, I volunteered to throw her bridal shower. I made the individual Martini Dips pictured (above, left,) to be sure she had plenty of “her dip” to go around! This is a really creative way for you to guarantee a cross-contamination free dish. Pot lucks are frightening. You never know what the dish has in it, whether they crossed spoons, etc. So I volunteered to make everything, and made sure everyone had their own cup (plus this went along with the 1930’s theme of her wedding!) Below, you will find my adapted version of the “infamous” Black Bean Salsa Dip.
1 Can Black Beans (no salt added- Drained and Rinsed)
Pico de Gallo (see Recipe Below) may substitute store bought Salsa
1 can Fiesta/Southwest Corn (If using store bought salsa instead of Pico de Gallo)
1 8oz package Shredded Cheese of Choice (Check Ingredients-Kroger brand has sulfites)
1 8oz package Cream Cheese (I use Greek/Cream Cheese blend)
3 tbsp Mayonnaise (Kraft Light Mayo is Sulfite-Free, No Lemon Juice Concentrate)
1 package labeled gluten-free Taco Seasoning (NOT all is Gluten-Free)
Pico de Gallo:
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp lime juice
2 oz rice vinegar
1 oz olive oil
1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 can southwest style (or fiesta) corn
2 Roma tomatoes
- For Pico, mix all dry seasonings into all liquids, whisk together. Chop Parsley, mince Garlic, Drain Corn, and put all together in bowl. Add liquid with seasonings. Mix well. Set aside.
- In your serving bowl, mix your Cream Cheese, Mayonnaise, and Taco Seasoning until smooth and incorporated. Using a spatula, spread onto sides and bottom of bowl evenly.
- Add Black Beans over Cream Cheese evenly.
- Add Pico de Gallo (or drained can of corn, then Salsa if not making your own Pico) evenly.
- Sprinkle Shredded Cheese over the top of the entire dip.
- Enjoy with Gluten-free crackers or my favorite, Blue Corn Chips.